About Me

My photo
I am a professional crafts person, working in clay and fibre, not necessarily at the same time. I am a juried member of the New Brunswick Crafts Council, The Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council and the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New Chenille Scarves


Well I am finally ably to post o progress shot of the log cabin chenille scarves currently on the loom. After a few minor glitches with the threading, I have them well underway. I am really enjoying the feel of the chenille and the pattern is so beautiful. I just love the colour and weave effct. It is a simple plain weave, pattern appearing as the shuttles are switched, one colour for another. I am really pleased with this set, but am really anxious to finish so I can sart on my lovely blue and chocolate brown tweed.I guess so many beautiful warps waiting will keep me at it. Just have to keep up the warping ahead. Thanks for reading must get back to the weaving!

2 comments:

Jay said...

Holy friggin' beautiful stuff! Please tell me you are either
a) keeping that for yourself
b) sending it to me for my 30th birthday!
OOh, you people with looms are so bloody talented and produce such gorgeous stuff... I just want to lie in a big pile of hand-loomed stuff and roll around (a la Sigourney Weaver in the final Aliens movie... but without all the aliens!).

Liz said...

well um, its actually not for me, but then I do have a great vintage coat in lovely camel...just the right shade of caramel...hmmmmm.