About Me

My photo
I am a professional crafts person, working in clay and fibre, not necessarily at the same time. I am a juried member of the New Brunswick Crafts Council, The Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council and the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Launched the Etsy store.....

So I have ventured out into the world of online selling with etsy.com. Check out my store, it is penelopespiderworks.etsy.com I am pretty excited that things are up and for sale and out of my hands. The setup was really simple and the price seems super reasonable. I only have four things up right now, but am told that Jackie will list a few things with me too. That should beef up the spot a bit.
In the process of picking pictures from my stash I came across some older photos of things I had done, since I have not much newly photographed I will share a few pics from the past.

This is a galvenized steel handbag that I knit a few years back. I just wanted to see if I could. so I did. The handles and the top band were woven in my inkle loom. I really love this little bag and I had a blast making it. might do some more someday.

This little number was from a series of bags I made, and sold. this is the last one I have, will definately make some more when I can. These bags sold really well. I have this one up on etsy right now.

this little box is made from some hand painted fabric that I was doing when India was a baby, I really enjoyed the process and I love the little box. I think that I will do up a few this summer and embellish them a bit more. maybe take the idea for a walk. I had made a few little boxes while taking a bookbinding workshop a few years ago, but have no photos of them.

this is another of my woven silk bags. This one I own, and use all the time. I love this bag. It sadly is wearing out on the strap where it joins the bag, but I love it so much that I am going to weave me a sturdier strap and let the bag soldier on, for a few more years anyway. It has absolutely no wear and tear anywhere else on the bag.
well thanks for reading, gotta run and weave me a scarf.

No comments: