About Me

My photo
I am a professional crafts person, working in clay and fibre, not necessarily at the same time. I am a juried member of the New Brunswick Crafts Council, The Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council and the Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

a bit o fun at 2 am

1. A reader to "Men's Journal" recently wrote about technological innovations, stating that there isn't any gadget he couldn't live without: "To see how vital technology is, spend a few days in the backcountry without your phone, pager, PDA, laptop, cappuccino machine, or MP3 player. You'll emerge cleansed and refreshed." Could you go a whole week really roughing it with no modern conveniences? Would you want to?

Yes, I absolutely could and have done so on more than one occasion. I often turn my phone off for days, and lived for two years with no tv or computer. I haven’t owned a car for four years, and ideal vacation is camping with the kids. When I was potting full time I used a kick wheel.

2. What is the most you've ever paid for a:

A) Shirt
$86 at Robert Simmonds in freddy. It was originally more than $300. Awsome sale, still outrageous for a shirt. The sweetie was visiting his folks in England and I was lonely and exercised massive retail therapy. Added some garnet earrings, and outrageous shoes, then there was the magazine binge. It wasn’t pretty. Thank God he was only gone three weeks. Who knows how much I would have spent.

B) Pair of Shoes
$149. Worth every penny, wish I had bought two pair. Runner up would be $130 for the Birkenstocks that saved me in Pennsic.

C) CD or Album
$75 boxed set Led Zeppelin gift for the boyfriend.

D) DVD
$40 Braveheart

E) Book
Do text books count? Well over $150. Next to that I guess would be the $85 book on Japanese style.

F) Vacation
$2000

3. Looking back at the answers to#2, which one was the most foolish?
Led Zeppelin box set

4. Take this quiz: Which snack food are you?
An Apple

5. There are three wells: Love, Beauty and Creativity. If you could only drink from one of them, which would you choose and why?
Creativity, without that life is meaningless. Being an artist is in my soul. I would wither without my ability to create. The lowest points of my life have been when my creativity was stifled, or not fed

6. If you were another person, do you think you would be friends with the person you know as yourself?

Absolutely.

No comments: